Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Waiting for my fix...

LOL - my Gary fix :) He has been able (in the evening) to use Skype so I can catch up on his day... so I'm at work, with Skype up and running just waiting <tapping toes>...

Got some stuff done today - a good portion of stuff really.  Stuff from the apt to the house.  Setting up 'our room' - it will be almost a studio apt w/o a kitchen when I'm done. 


Maybe I will put in a coffee maker/micro wave and small fridge eventually - but not right now.  Right now I'm concentrating on getting the kids set up making sure Momma is settled.  I did call the school and let her know a tentitive date - Jan 31st... which means getting there on the 28th for a the UA and DOT physical... so those are the dates I'm aiming for.  That will have the kids in the house for almost a month. 

My head might be here in Sac, but my heart is heading out on a truck.  I find myself looking at the trucks on the road - seeing which companies run I-5.  Thankfully I see Central - so that means there is a good possibility that we will be able to 'swing' by and visit :) Maybe not as often as all of us would like - especially with a Grandchild involved (and my daughter/SIL - you guys are included in there, but you're grown up and understand why we aren't here).  I'm also imagining that I'm already driving a truck - sticking to the 55-60 mph - (that's a big change for me!!) - also turning, going deep and wide - picturing the track a trailer would take.  It is a whole new mind set that I will need to have.  Hopefully this 'practicing' will stand me in good stead for the training ahead.

Well - I'm at work now - I guess I should do some charting - LOL!  Bye for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment