Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bags are packed...

Whew - I think I got it all... at least I hope so.  Two bags packed, and I know I will only be able to take one on the truck w/me when I train.  The other one will be 'stored' at the terminal for when Gary gets 'our' truck.  So that is the way I separated my stuff (for the most part).  I had to get things ready today, even though I don't leave until Saturday - because since I took yesterday off to get my new looks (tooth pulled) I'm going to make up hours tomorrow.  Which means no time to pack.  I wish I didn't have to do that though... I'm realizing just how little time I have left to be with my daughter and her husband.  I know - there is Skype and FB and the cell phone - but you all know it's not the same.  I used that argument when Gary left - it helps, but its not the same... so even with the excitement of starting something new, there is the sadness of missing my kid.  I know in my head that she is all grown up, and it is normal and natural for there to be that separation; even healthier for both of us to have this separation.  So that I don't try to 'solve' everything and get in the way of her 'solving' things.  So not only is this a wonderful opportunity for Gary and I to do something we have dreamed and talked about... its also good for Lynn and I. 

Its also hard for me to be leaving the 'other' family... the little one I watch and his family.  I have been with them for almost 12 years now.  I have seen them all grow up.  I wonder if he will miss me - in a way I hope not too much, but just a little :) I know I will miss them...

So tomorrow - I'm going to take my daughter and SIL out for breakfast.  A nice one - with all the trimmings... then head to work.  Get off at 11 pm and be at the airport on Saturday morning just after 9 am... plane takes off just after 11 and I will be in Fontana a little after 12.  Not sure what time or even IF I will see Gary.  Depends on if they get a load or not...

I'm planning on continuing this BLOG, but you might get several days worth at a time w/longer gaps between.  I have no idea about the internet connections available.  So we will see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment