Sunday, November 7, 2010

Autopilot

As I mentioned before - I had lunch with my sister yesterday.  During that lunch she recommended a book - Strong Women, Soft Hearts by Paula Rinehart.  She said to try reading it slowly and praying before you read for the day.  Read just a page, or two - absorb what was written... see if there a something in there that touches you.  So I started this morning.  She was right - there was a phrase that just jumped out at me. "Life is not a journey you want to make on autopilot".  I have been doing that recently.  The stresses of each day - work, Momma, bills, housework (and the list goes on) I have been just going one day at a time - doing things by habit.  Not really paying attention to life as it has been going on around me.  Another sentence "We can so easily sleepwalk through our days - out of touch, disconnected, half-alive".  I don't want to do that any more.  I have a feeling this book will help point me, and guide me to be alive again.  To help me find joy and passion for living... Oh don't get me wrong - I do have happiness now. I have a loving husband, a wonderful kid and many other blessings... this is more of an inner reflection. "It's just that sometimes we get mired in the very clay he dug us out of, tangled in the weeds of our own wanderings".  I think I'm going to enjoy this 'quiet - just for me time' :) and I might just get something out of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment