Thursday, December 30, 2010

Flying by the seat of my pants...

I remember my Dad saying that - and that was one of his favorite expressions.  I miss my Dad - but that's for another post.  I think he would be amazed at what we are doing - but I think he would also be happy for us, and maybe even a bit proud.  I would like to think that anyway, so don't pop my bubble - LOL!  I'm just taking it one day at a time and trying not to 'what if' myself into a frenzy.  Just tackling one thing at a time.  Now if I'm prioritizing things right or not - time will tell.  Getting Gary set up and going is the first priority right now.  He's done all the hard work though.  Passed the schooling and is going to be 'shipped' off to Fontana for the 'training' part.  I PRAY that he gets a good trainer and not an A$$#0!E... one that teaches and not just use him as an extra log book.  He won't need too much of the driving part - but the QualCom (computer logging) and trip planning etc. that type of stuff I think he would need more of.  Me - I need the driving AND that stuff - LOL!  I WILL have faith in my self though... I WILL do this... I WILL pass the schooling and the training and join Gary on the road.  Things WILL work out the way they are suppose to - I just hope its the way we think it will be - LOL!  I picked up 20# of protein the other day - figuring the powder weighs less and will be easier to pack (he gets half/I get half) - space will be at a premium!!  He will need to pack the protien and vits - PLUS clothes for a week or two (who knows how often he will be able to wash his clothes).  So the adventure begins for the first half of the team - and he will be able to let me know what I will need to pack.  Plus I want to be able to ship him stuff that he won't be taking with him for when we do get our own (company) truck... such as map books and tools.  I will figure that out though - one step at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment