Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Anticipation ...

I am so looking forward to tomorrow!!  One of the reasons I like this job - LOL - we are going to rent a car and head into Washington DC to sight see.  The load we have was suppose to deliver tomorrow morning at 0600 - but they squeezed us in tonight.  So tomorrow is all ours :) We are doing what is known as a 34 hour restart, but stretched it to a 48 hour... so two days off - contented sigh...

I've been doing the 'night' shift and sometimes I do OK and others - I feel like I drive 30 miles and have to stop and walk around because I'm going cross eyed!  Don't worry - I do stop - its just frustrating!!  So these next 2 days to 'repower' myself will be welcome.  We've been running pretty hard - figure this last load we left Salt Lake City on the 21st at about noonish and ended up in Jessup, Maryland on the 24th at about 1 pm... that's about 2100 miles.  Not too shabby...

Eating wise we are still eating bunches of nuts - LOL! Such an easy fall back snack.  We did pick up a small 2qt crock pot though... doesn't get as hot as the lunchbox cooker on the bottom, and has different temp settings for High and Low and Warm.  So with us being 'off' work for the next two days - not sure what we will be eating - but I'm not taking the nuts with us - LOL!

I did actually find one truck stop that had yogurt!!  Needless to say I picked a couple up.  I was craving either yogurt or cottage cheese - weird cravings, but we just hadn't had any for a while. The fridge we have is really tiny, so not a lot of room to 'stock' up.  Which is fine.  I am a bit of a food horder - left overs of my previous life.  Never want to run out of food!!  LOL - no fears of that here - LOL!  In fact I'm trying to work through some of the stuff we brought.  TUBS of protein - yea we need the supplements - but I grabbed multiple tubs!!  Those take up bunches of room.  We are working our way through them though...

This warm, humid weather - not sure if I will get use to it... I'm sitting in the truck right now (and its not moving - grin) and with the windows down - thank goodness for the slight breeze!!  I feel 'sticky'... I don't like the feeling!!  I sure hope they finish unloading us soon - the truckstop we are going to stay at is less than a mile away - but I want a shower!!

All in all - I'm glad we are doing this.  We leapt with faith, and are continuing on this path.  Such an interesting journey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment