Saturday, August 6, 2011

The count down continues...

Well the count down until I get to meet my Grandson continues... the time now stands at Monday - 1630 induction begins... then it will be up to God and him as to when we will meet.  The timing of getting a load in the area and being able to be available to help out has been a bit of a tight rope.  I'm happy to say though that Central has been helping and conciderate of our needs (as much as they can be and still run their business).  So what we are looking at right now is that we dropped our load in Stockton (drop yard) and won't have to wait until Monday to deliver it.  I was pushing for a load out today - but that just wasn't happening (sigh) instead we have a load to pick up in the morning (Sunday) that goes to UT - set to deliver on Tuesday.  That wil actually work out OK I think (even God has a hand in at Central - LOL).  We pick up in Tracy (tomatoes) tomorrow 0700 - we swing by the house and kick me out of the truck - Gary continues on to SLC arriving Monday - to deliver first thing Tuesday (and hopefully Eddie will have been born) an!!d head straight back to CA.  (with a load please!!) He will then be able to take a day or two to play with his Grandson (I feel bad in a way that I will have more time than he does - but I'm selfish too) then we will need to get back on the road.  We are planning on asking for 'home time' in CA more often now (needless to say) and are planning on Thanksgiving in CA... Christmas though will be for the new Caluza clan and we will swing by to visit sometime in that time frame.  That is our long (sort of) range plan - now if God agrees with it will be the question - LOL! 

So for right now we are sitting at the Stockton drop yard - with the ICON going and the curtains pulled - both playing on the computer and having some down time... just wish it was cool enough to have the windows down, but then we are talking bugs - oh well...

Oh and this solution of dropping me off at the house, will also save $$ by me not having to fly to Sac :^) also there was a 'gift from heaven' - a small amount of $$ that was found that will ease (a tiny bit) the concerns of the truck being still for 2-3 days - until we get rolling again... Thank you Dad!!  I really miss you and wish you could be here to meet your Great Grandson!! I think you would be proud of your Grand Daughter - she has turned out to be one heck of a good person... and will be a wonderful Mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment