Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Time...

Boy the time is just flying!!  This is really the first time in a while that I haven't been either driving, sleeping or in a moving truck.  Our truck needed service and a few things checked out.  Well one of them was a coolant leak - yep - EGR valve (same thing my trainer's truck had to have worked on).  So I get to sit for about 8 hours in the Cummins waiting room... the good part is they have WiFi - LOL!  So I get to catch up on FB and TTR Forum :) Ok I might even work on some household stuff - but I do actually do that even with the truck moving.  I have to. 

So how do I like it so far?  Some of the rosy glow is starting to fade, but I do think I will like this change in professions.  I don't think I would be able to do it on my own though... thank goodness I don't have to!!  We have been doing the 8/3 team driving pattern - and its nicer not having such a long drive time, but you really have to watch the clock! It keeps the truck rolling though, and that's what we are trying to do.  I'm still enjoying the time with my husband... it really is almost 2 separate rooms, so there is 'alone' time in a way.  Especially when one is driving and the other is in the sleeper.

We FINALLY have a working inverter!!  Woo Hoo!! The shop in SLC either crossed wires or just didn't notice that they were wired wrong - in either case, the shop guy in Henderson took the time to look and talked to us.  Yeah - really like the Henderson Shop!!  Now to some how clean the stink out of the fridge - ewww :(

We also need to really start remembering our protein supplementation.  You get into a 'rut' or 'pattern' of eating.  For us it is nuts or jerky with coffee/tea when driving. (not a super healthy eating pattern - but better than candy!!) When we had the fridge working - I was able to make one meal a day that we shared, and that was when we changed drivers usually.  Now that we have to big inverter working - we will be able to cook a meal, and reheat using the microwave.  THAT will help.  (I think/hope).

Well that's it for now... I want to read the forum some... catch up w/other folk's blogs/lives... thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. Years ago I thought about becoming a trucker. Now, after reading all the hassle you have to go through, I am glad I didn't. I like our way of traveling...no schedule!! Sure hope we can hook up with you guys at some point.

    ReplyDelete