Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Home...

What is a home?  A building?  A city? A state?... for me my home is my husband... I am now home!!  I know - sounds corny - but for the last couple years I have felt this way.  He would give me a hug and I would sigh and say 'I'm home'.  Maybe I was preparing myself for this adventure where we don't have a 'building' anymore... well not really anyway.  The building is now my daughter, her husband and their child's home.  We have a room there with our stuff in it.  Home is where my heart is - and that is with my husband <contented sigh>  Through all of the training and the separation I have learned that I CAN do things on my own.  I am ABLE to do them.  I have more self confidence and a higher self esteem after this period of time, but I have also come to the conclusion that if I don't HAVE to be separated from him - I don't WANT to be separated from him!! This period of time though has brought a new appreciation for my husband.  As I posted before, I got some cellulitis going on.  I was doing on my own, but it sure is nicer to have him here.  Some one to care that I put my leg up, to make sure I have something to drink handy, to make comforting sounds and a hug when this left leg of mine hurts like hell.  All I can take for it is tylenol and asprin... they do drug screens and if I'm going to be driving soon, I don't want any type of narcotic in my system.  So yeah - there is some serious pain with this, this time.  So right now - we are in the same room, both on our computers - but we are together!!  IF we get a different truck with a bigger sleeper/storage area - yeah that would be great - but if not, we'll adapt.  Yeah it would be great if this leg of mine got better over night, but I won't hold my breath (soon would be good though!!).  However I am content because I am HOME!!

home

[hohm] Show IPA noun, adjective, adverb, verb, homed, hom·ing.
–noun
1. a house, apartment, or other shelter that is the usual residence of a person, family, or household.
2. the place in which one's domestic affections are centered.

No comments:

Post a Comment